Monday, February 11, 2008

Crazy Week!

Last week was crazy! First off, Melissa has been really sick. She has had a fever and chills at the same time for about 4 days now. Yuck! On top of that, I came to school Monday planning on not only giving a midterm exam on Wednesday, but taking two more that day as well. Yikes! Well, fortunately, my Analysis teacher found out over the weekend and reminded us on Monday that the syllabus listed the midterm as the next week. Phew! So that was a relief. But still, I had one midterm to give and another to administer the very same day.

Thursday we had to go to the Dentist. Luckily, Melissa's sickness was at a mild point that day, so she was able to go. Anyways, the dentist told me I have 6 fewer cavities than my last dentist told me, and each of those will cost less per cavity than my last dentist's estimate. That was a relief, but still, even though our insurance promises to cover all the work done yesterday except my pre-exam, (already had one less than 6 months ago), this office couldn't trust the insurance company yet, so we had to pay in full for everything, and then when the insurance money comes through, we'll just have credit to our account. Bummer! Now we're poor because we had to pay a lot more money than we were planning - basically the next few appointments worth of dentistry. Oh, well. The next time we won't be new customers any more, and so they will trust our insurance. This is just a precaution they always do. Too bad though.

Then on Friday, I had to go practice the organ because I wasn't sure whether or not I would be playing on Sunday. I figured I probably would be. That was fun though. Saturday night, I chaperoned a Valentine's youth dance at the chapel on River Road in Eugene, and that was fun, but because of it, I stayed up way late that night. I had written a talk earlier that day because not only was I going to play the organ in church, but I had to give a talk as well! Crazy! Well, I didn't quite finish, so Melissa was kind enough to finish my talk for me while I was helping at the dance. Yay for Melissa!

So Sunday I get to church about half an hour early to play the prelude music. I was pretty tired too. Anyways, it turns out I can't start playing until quarter 'til because choir practice doesn't finish until then. And then I found out that Bishop Farrier doesn't want me to start playing this week because I haven't been sustained and set apart yet. Phew again! I still had to give my talk though, but it was plenty long, (I even had to cut it short a bit), and it went well. Then after church I got set apart and then went home. What a crazy week though! Even though I still have a midterm exam this week, this one should be a little more manageable. We'll see!

No comments: