Monday, January 28, 2008

SNOW!

Yesterday was an exciting day for Tom and I. We were told that Eugene gets about a dusting of snow once a year. Quite different from Provo! It just hasn't seemed like winter without snow but yesterday we woke up to the ground being covered in white! I thought church would be canceled but Tom couldn't understand why it would be since they would snowplow the freeways. We didn't get any phone calls so I followed Tom out the the car. We were slipping and sliding and none of the roads had been cleared. I finally convinced him to call someone before we drove too far. Sure enough church was canceled.

Tom had a hard time believing that the fact that we had snow on the ground kept us in our apartment all day. He is such a Utah boy. ;o) It was exciting for me because it reminded me of all the times in WA when church would be canceled or there would be a snow day and I didn't have to go to school. Snow = stay at home and relax.

No comments: