Wednesday, September 19, 2007

At Summer's End

So tomorrow I leave my parent's home and finally head to my own. Summer will be officially over for me tomorrow. Yeah I tried to get it to last as long as possible but obviously fall is here. I head out on a whole new adventure of finding a job, going to a new ward, living in a new apartment, and living in a city where I only know Tom! As I start thinking about the months ahead I can't help but think of the past couple of months spent here in Washington. So here are some of my most favorite memories from summer in no particular order!

1. Reading Harry Potter #7! It only took me about 10 hours which includes interuptions. I enjoyed it though there was one question unanswered for me. What careers do they all end up with? I know it isn't the most important information but I still can't help but wonder.

2. The Shurtliff Reunion & Disneyland! What could be more fun than gathering 72 family members together! We all had a blast at Big Bear Lake in CA. To end the fun week my family spent a day at Disneyland. I think Tom and I should make a tradition of going there every year. ;o)
3. San Carlos, Mexico! My first time to Mexico and I loved it! It was also my first time really scuba diving and I loved it more than I thought I would. It is still crazy to think I went swimming under the water and was able to breathe. I also enjoyed spending the week with Tom's parents. I am very blessed to have such awesome in-laws!

4. Visiting Ririe, Idaho! I have always wanted to visit Ririe but haven't made it there until this month while taking my sister out to school at BYU-I. What a fun little town! We got a hoot out of the Ririe bar. It is so fun driving around and seeing your last name everywhere though Brittany was kind enough to mention that it isn't my last name anymore. *sigh*

5. Girl Movie Nights! It had been awhile since I had had one. We watched some favorite chick flicks while watching some we hadn't seen before. I'm truly going to miss getting together with Brittany, Mom, Kari, Lisa, and Shana for some fun nights together.

6. Going to Vickie & Ryan's Wedding! It is so exciting for me to see Vickie so happily married. Tom and I were so glad that we could stay in Utah to make it to the wedding and reception.
7. Getting to See My Brother! Spencer lived in Germany for a year so it was exciting to see him after such a long time. It was also fun to see how he is pretty much the same. :o)

8. Visiting Eugene for the 1st Time! It was a very hectic weekend but so nice to be able to find an apartment in person and to see what Eugene is like. We of course visited two of the scrapbook stores and two of the libraries. I can't live without knowing where they are! ;o) It was also fun to walk around the University of Oregon campus. It is so green in a totally different way than BYU!

So here's to happy memories. Hopefully many more await me in Eugene!


1 comment:

Susan and Chris said...

A very eventful summer. If you want to know what careers they ended up with check out this article: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/19959323/