Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Back to High School?

Tomorrow I turn 26 though it would seem that maybe I'm only turning 17 and getting ready to enter my junior year in high school.

I first saw High School Musical only a couple of months ago though I had heard about it from Tom's younger cousins. They loved it! I actually enjoyed it too. It was a nice clean fun Disney movie. My best friend loves it! Well we decided that we might as well have a premier party for when the second one comes out. We planned it well in advance and were sooo excited when Walmart advertised that they would be carrying H.S.M. themed items.

Now here is the part where I confess and as Tom let me know...I told a full out lie and not just a white lie. Tom and I walked into Walmart and I saw this older lady handing out the H.S.M. 2 premier tickets (just for looks). I asked her if I could have one and she jumped down my throat. She abruptly asked if I had a child and before I could even think I said yes. She went on to tell me that they were only for kids. Ooops! So she gave me one. Well that was a problem because I needed at least 5 so when I exited the store I looked to see if they were still handing them out. Well there were a whole bunch hanging on the wall with this teenage boy standing nearby. He seemed really out of it so I asked him if I could have some since I was throwing a party for some "kids". He gave me four more. Yay I was so excited and to think they were FREE!

August 17th arrived and Brittany and I started to get ready. We had our hair done in braided pigtails with glitter throughout. We did our make-up and put on our H.S.M. clothes. We then headed to our premier location and started to decorate all out. Red and white streamers were everywhere! My good friend had bought H.S.M. cups and plates. We were set! I found H.S.M. #2 very funny and of course it had its Disney moments (we were not allowed to call them cheesy). All that attended had some good laughs.

Here are some pics of me and my sisters at the party.



No comments: